Saturday, September 3, 2011

Drinks and Definition

I had the fantastic opportunity to go out with my hospital administrators for drinks the other night. The event, though short, provided me with insight into their lives along with the history of how they'd come to hold the positions they do. Suffice it to say that they never relinquished their efforts, their schooling, or their pursuit to lead others. I'm not quite sure I'll ever hold an administrative position in such a field, but I'll always try to model my efforts after people like these.

I'm not one to feel that my position is in any way extraordinary, aside from the circumstances that enabled me to land the position and work with the administration. Rather, I feel blessed that I had the opportunity to be seen as an equal; a cohert; a person that can level with those that direct him and still be the same the next day. Grounding myself in this understanding is essential to future performance; at least I'm of that opinion.

Now that I've defined this, it's important that I move forward with the obstacles that lie ahead in my position. For example, grad school, which starts in two weeks. I will be juggling a full-time schedule with a full-time position; both of which demand the fullest extent of my cognitive abilities and my attention. Another obstacle; driving. I'm looking to move to Chicago to shorten my drive both to school and work. I can no longer convince myself that living in Valpo is a feasible thing. Bigger and better things lie ahead.

As I close with my tall thoughts, I think that the future holds the inevitable; happiness, sadness, war, peace, crime, advocacy and a million other things that sway the world to-and-fro. In the midst of swaying, remember to ground yourself in unbiased assumption, in solid value, and in clear thought. For those that stray become set aside in the world that never stops moving.

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend! Don't drink too much and for God's sake, don't drive!!

                                                                                          HARE KRISHNA!

No comments:

Post a Comment